Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I R HUNTARD

Tonight, our guild went to SSC and downed Leotheras the Blind & Fathom-Lord Karathress. This is only our third kill of Leo and our 2nd for Karath. In the process, I had some serious huntard moments. Since I'm totally down with self-defaming humor, I'd thought I would share.

First I wiped us on the last trash pull before Leo. It was BAAAAD!!! It was, WTF? Where are the soul stones and the bubbles bad! It was bad enough that I just ran back. I didn't even wait for a res. I just ran. The guild went to the next pull knowing full well that this was my personal walk of shame.

Now in my defense, the goofiness of the trash pull didn't start with me...it just ended there. I was sitting in the back of the raid drinking and healing my pet. My glorious leader missed the pull and our tank called me to "quick grab it now." I rushed forward having only seen the pull twice (and one of those was a wipe too.) As I got there, I had a vague recollection that maybe I should have left my pet behind, something about proximity aggro from the guys holding Leo's prison. Sure enough, splat!

I really think that Blizzard should incorporate the *splat* sound into the game for monumental deaths. Especially n00bs who get stepped on by Fel Reavers. That never gets old. But, I digress...

Now, I'm a basketball fan. When your premier 3-point shooter goes "cold" the best thing to do is to keep feeding him the ball until he gets his stroke back. That's how my class rep is with the hunters. Keep making us pull. When he's not around, I usually coordinate us, and I do the same thing. Well, this was not one of those days. I should have swapped to the point or the 3-spot and dished the ball.

And more importantly, I'm not the premier shooter. I mean, I'm not a bench-warmer...I've got game! I'm a threat! But if I'm off, pass the ball somewhere else! What are you stupid?!?

On the first Karath pull, I sent the shaman MD (intended for Karthis) right at our main tank. He and I both realized what had happened about 1 second too late. I couldn't even fire. I just stood there dumb-struck as the raid died around me.

Such is the life of a hunter. So much power. So much potential. We wipe raids for breakfast!

The good news is that I did get my head out of my ass and do the rest of the pulls right. I also did very well on damage finishing second on the Leo death & top 6 on the Fathom-Lord death. I just felt bad and so very n00b-tastic.

And this is perhaps the point. I'm good! That's not ego or hubris. I'm a solid raider. I still make mistakes. *SIGH* The key is to keep shooting. The key is to not be satisfied. On Friday, I'm right back in the thick of things, doing my job, keeping my aggro down and my dps up!

Lock & Load!

2 comments:

Karthis said...

That misdirect blunder was classic =) We got him reset, so it was all good.

Anonymous said...

Is this the part where we start copying and pasting classic wipe stories?