Friday, September 12, 2008

Trinkets & Gear

Today, I secured the Badge of Tenacity for Rhus. For the unaware, this little blue trinket is one of the best feral tanking trinkets in the game. I have been told by multiple sources that Bears are still using it in Sunwell. That says a lot. The 308 Armor is multiplied by 400% in bear form. The extra boost of agility when I activate it gives me a big boost in dodge and is one of the closest things a bear has to an "oh shit" button.

So, my tanking trinkets are set with the Badge and the Darkmoon Card: Vengeance. The question now is which do I keep equipped when I need to use the Medallion of the Alliance? I plan to pose this question to my "experts" and make sure to share their answers with you.

My druid's wishlist (excluding raiding & 10-mans) is nearly completed. I'm just a few badges away from the Band of the Swift Paw and should secure the Vindicator's Band of Triumph in short order. I plan to get at least one more piece of PvP gear, the Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves, but it's for PvP, not for my tanking set.

So very shortly, I will be running out of non-Kara/Raid upgrades for Rhus. Sure, there's more stuff out there, but most of it is from honor & badge grinds. With Wrath a few months away, I don't feel the desire to grind Skyguard or Ogri'la when Beroth has already been through it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Badge! It really is a fantastic piece, I consider it irreplacable.

Darkmoon Card: Vengeance is a very good trinket, but solely for its stamina; the proc isn't really that useful. Try to get the Commendation of Kael'thas from Heroic MgT if you can. A bit more stamina and the dodge effect that kicks in at low health is a nice passive life-saver.

If you don't need stamina than Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch is fantastic for dodging. (You can use it simultaneously with the badge, too). The Shadowmoon Insignia is nice too, because it offers defense, but it's hard to get it away from the warriors and paladins.